Monday, October 26, 2009

Using Cloud Computing

I am sure we all are using so call cloud computing solutions in our day to day activities / operations either knowingly or unknowingly. And it is equally true that the improvisation of Operating System or the platform running over our enormous hardware has helped us to improvise utilisation of available resources. Take an example most of my emails and personal document management is taken care by google apps and if I have to deploy my online application and want to purely concentrate on my business rather than worry about Infrastructure, hardware scoping, infrastructure management, high availability, up-scaling, etc. and most important CAPEX, it would make more sense in using offerings made by Amazon and others, as this will help me to concentrate more on my business operations & activities and let the service provider manage the Infrastructure. And yes, SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service) & IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) will be the focus and not just selling boxes or softwares.

No comments:

Post a Comment